20 Questions with Lindsey
1. What’s your most memorable moment of the 2008 season?
Probably either winning in the Legends Car Series, or testing my first full-sized car at Concord Motorsports Park. It was great to finally get down to business with LV Enterprises and work on our focus for 2009.
2. What series will you be racing in, in 2009?
I’ll be racing in the ASA Late Model Series.
3. What team will you be driving for in ASA?
LV Enterprises is an incredible group of people who I will be working with in ASA in 2009. The synergy between my crew chief, my car owner, and me is unparalleled.
4. What is your most valued race experience to date?
I treasure every win I’ve ever earned, but I’d say the learning process that I went through in 2008 (and plan to continue in 2009) was one whose value could not be measured on any scale.
5. What is your least valued race experience to date?
Crashing is never fun. In 2007 I had a few bad hits. It always stinks when circumstances don’t work out in your favor and it has nothing to do with your ability, skill, or personal judgment.
6. What have you been doing to get ready for the 2009 season to start?
Testing is key, but the physical restraints that are placed on drivers are extreme, so I’ve been working hard in the gym to be physically prepared for the season to start.
7. Having had the past few months off from race competition, what have you been doing for fun?
I’ve been spending a lot of time with my friends, which is great because once the season starts I’ll be traveling a lot! We love going to concerts, seeing movies, and finding new ways to be active. We recently started playing tennis. But let me warn you, I’m pretty bad… but getting better!!!
8. What is your most memorable moment of the off season?
There are two. First: being given the opportunity to speak with the Girl Scouts of America about “Dreaming Big”. And second: kicking my manager, Don’s, back-side in go-karting when I was in Charlotte. It was a sight. I’ve got pictures that can easily explain his anguish. (Not to mention his bruised ego.)
9. Where are you currently living?
Right now I am living in Dallas, but I travel between Charlotte and Dallas year round.
10. If you had to choose an animal to describe your personality, which one would it be?
I’d say probably a fish of some sort, always swimming upstream. But that’s speaking metaphorically of course, considering I’m not the best swimmer.
11. What is your dream car?
That’s a really hard question for me. I actually have different categories for my favorite different cars. But one at the top of my list would be the Chevrolet Corvette Z06.12.
12. What are you currently reading?
A book called, Hard Driving, the story about Wendell Scott.
13. What is your favorite article of clothing other than a driving suit?
Getting dressed up has always been a blast for me. I’m definitely a “dress” kind of girl for nice occasions but I love to be comfortable on the “every day” side of things. So I’d probably say jeans and cute flats or Vans for that.
14. What is your favorite form of exercise?
I love to go rock climbing. I haven’t graduated to outdoor rock climbing yet, but I’ve been going to an indoor climbing center here in Dallas, which is a blast.
15. In the past you’ve mentioned your love for live music, been to any concerts recently?
Definitely! I went to a Kings of Leon concert a little while back, which was fantastic. My sister and I went to a Wade Bowen concert in Houston and last week my friends and I saw Dave Barnes live and had a blast. Live music really gives you an appreciation for the talent it takes to be truly successful in the entertainment industry.
16. If you had to pick what your last meal on Earth would be, what would you say?
There is a restaurant here in Dallas called III Forks. Incredible. Anything that Chris Vogeli, the chef there, would make me I’m sure I’d love.
17. What is your favorite TV show?
Haven’t really had much time to watch anything besides whatever is on the Speed CHannel. I have a bunch of episodes of Top Chef, Lost, and E! News backed up on my DVR; maybe when I get time to chill I’ll catch up on those.
18. What is your favorite type of racing to watch on TV?
The Camping World Truck Series races are always a blast to watch. Love that!
19. What websites do you visit daily?
A few actually: jayski.com (The best for racing gossip and news), asalatemodels.com (gotta keep updated on my series), jointhejourney.com (a year-long journey through the Bible), and of course, Facebook.com and Myspace.com.
20. Any new sponsors we need to know about?
Absolutely. Trinity Marketing and Development have been working really hard throughout this off season. A sponsor I’m super excited about working with and promoting in 2009 is Royal Purple. Royal Purple manufactures high performance lubricants for automobiles, boats, motorcycles, and race cars. Check out their website at royalpurple.com
One for the road…
21. Anything else your fans would be interested to hear from you about?
First off, thanks to all of you for your support and love. This is going to be an awesome jam-packed year and I am looking forward to moving through it with all of you! If you have any questions you’d like to ask me, feel free to send them in an email!
More diary entries